Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

So this is the little house we just moved into a couple weeks ago. It is really old, but cute inside. I'll have some pics of the inside when I get them. It's 3 bed, only one bath but fine for the 4 of us. It's sort of been a crazy adventure moving in here - first off, three windows were broken when we moved in. Our room was missing the glass completely. Great weather to have that going on huh!?! It took us like a week and a half to get someone out there to take a look at it and then another couple days to fix it...brrrrr. I guess everyone was trying to fix there windows before it got too cold, I don't know, but it took forever. Then a couple days later, our disposal broke along with a sewer pipe, so you can only imagine what our house smelled like. Everytime I walked in I wanted to throw up. It's been like that for 3 days, which seems like forever when you are smelling crap all day long, and the guy finally came today and fixed it. Hooray!!! When I opened the door to let the plumber guy in, he got this disgusted look on his face when he got a whiff of the horrid smell. You know its gotta be bad when the plumber guy gets grossed out, right!?! I have a million candles burning and have gone through so much febreeze and its still lingering - sick. So we left to go get dinner after all this is going on, to come home to a freezing house - our furnace isn't working. At this point I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Is this really happening? It's freezing and snowing outside, it's 10 pm and my kids are exhausted. So we get a hold of a heater guy and luckily is able to come that night. It takes him one whole hour to fix it, so finally @ 11 pm, we finally get our heat back and can finally put the kids down. Wow. That's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Jenilyn said...

We live in an old house too and that all sounds familiar! Are you guys in orem? We should all get together and have our kids play.

Jessi said...

WOW!! Hopefully.. NO MORE bad luck huh?! I'm so sorry! We miss you guys... Maybe now that everything's working, we should actually have a game night! What do you think? By the way, are you guys coming over Saturday night? We're just gonna have pizza and cake for Kynzie's birthday.