Monday, August 18, 2008
First week in Utah - glad its over!!!
So moving to a new place is always a little challenging, you don't really know anyone, the best grocery stores to go to, scopping out parks and stuff for kids to do etc,.... I'm finally starting to pin-point where I'm at and whats around me. Oh, and the grid system is so CONFUSING!!! I have already gotten lost so many times trying to find places! Elle is supposed to be starting preschool next week, but we are still trying to find one that I am not scared to leave her at. And no I am not too picky, she's still my baby!! Justin started his job last week working his 12 hour graveyard shift 3 nights a week.....brutal. By the time he gets home in the morning, the kids and I are just about to get up and start our day, just as he goes to bed for his 'night.' We feel like we haven't seen him in a week and the kids keep asking why daddy is always sleeping! I'm just glad that he has one more week to get used to this schedule before school starts and he has a full load on top of working graveyard. All in all, it has been quite the adjustment and am glad our first week is done!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow...good luck, you're stronger than me, change is good though. Jacob used to work graveyard for years, it's hard to get used to at first, it'll take awhile. Good luck with everything!
Good luck on all the transition. Things really do work out for the best. When Jim and I got married it was a disaster! All within a month I found out I was pregnant and too sick to work, Jim lost his mortgage job, we were getting custody of his daughter, and our rent went up! But keep trucking along because we discovered that the harder it was to make the right choices, the better the blessings were in the end! So what is he going to school for? Where does he work? Are you at a salon?
How fun that you guys are back in Utah! Next time we go there we will have to get together!
Like you didn't tell me you were moving to UT! I look forward to the golf and hanging out on the UVU campus come next fall...maybe. Maybe your Mom can help us find a house in the area. That is exciting I look forward to staring into your gleaming eyes.
Post a Comment